What's The Best Mower?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clean green, Aug 28, 2002.

1. clean green

clean green LawnSite Member

I'm planning on buying a 36" wb in the near future. I have about $2000 to spend. What should I buy???

2. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

A clue! J/K

No really, for $2000, your probably looking at a used Encore 36". Just make sure you dont go witht he briggs and stratton, you'll pay more later.

If you could come up with another 1000 you might be able to look at an exmark

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

we talkin belt drive or hydro?
    ...a 36" belt drive w/b would be right around or just over 2k 'round here and that seems to be the going price in most other areas too. Everyone agrees a hydro is more profitable but you wont' find a new hydro 36" for $2k.
    Good luck,
    Eric

4. I would base my purchase on what dealers in your area handle and try to demo some you like in your price range. Service should also be considered. Exmark at one time had brand new belt drive metro 36's for $1999.00 plus tax.

5. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

TORO

LAWNS AND MOWER

6. jamesday

jamesday LawnSite Member
    from MS

I just looked at a new 36" SCAG W/B belt drive yesterday. Sweet mower and it was $2250 new!

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

My area still has the $1999 price on 36" eXmark w/b belt drive with 15 Kohler. Add a little more to the $2k price for tax and get the above mower.

8. Hoopsfan

Hoopsfan LawnSite Member

I would go with the hydro if you can swing it. I had the Exmark 36 belt drive and it was too hard on my bad back with the operator assist reverse. Plus it did add time to the job kicking the shift in reverse. I upgraded to an Exmark 48 hydro, should have bought it in the first place. Great machine!

9. jamesday

jamesday LawnSite Member
    from MS

didn't somebody say on here the other day that if you have to put your mower in reverse you don't know how to mow?

10. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

come to the bar bq sept. 7 at landscapers choice in raytown, Mo., Jack will have some super deals on encores!

and there will be others there to demo as well!!