Whats The Best Plow And Salter For A F-150?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kunjal2009, Feb 6, 2011.

1. kunjal2009

kunjal2009 LawnSite Member

Whats The Best Plow And Salter For A F-150?

I have been looking at the blizzard plows like the 8000 lt and the tailgate salter but needed help on figuring it out, so any other recommendation

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  2. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 LawnSite Senior Member

dont even bother throwing a v box salt spreader on a 1/2 ton. You will really mess up your suspension. Look at a salt dogg tailgate spreader for your truck

3. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

On the F150 we have installed a hand full of blizzard 8000LT's and they have worked great so far. As far as tailgate spreaders, there are many to choose from. I have had good luck with the Snow Ex brands. A sp575 will hold 8-10 bags and does a good job.

4. kunjal2009

kunjal2009 LawnSite Member

wont you think the salt dog would do the same damage to you f-150 because its still on your tailgate ??

5. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

A V-box spreader and tailgate spreader are way different. A V-box is good for large open areas as it holds normally 2 CU. YD. A tailgate spreader will hold (Salt Dogg) about 11 CU FT. Doing a simple calculation- 11 (cu feet) = 0.407407407 cu yards. So their is considerably a lower amount of weight on the rear axle and tailgate. I would recommend at least a F-250 or 2500 with an upgraded suspension. So, no I don't think it would do the same.

6. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

And did you list your employees in your signature? I see 95' 5foot11 Matthew Ward My Boss So I take it his name is Matthew Ward, he was born in '95 and is 5'11"?

7. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

im curios about the same thing c & t. Weird to list your boss and employee stats on a signature. Never seen that before. Well enough with the OT things. I would be afraid of putting a plow on a 1/2 ton pickup. Hard on those trannys and front ends.

8. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 LawnSite Senior Member

right now with a full hopper im running about 5000 lbs in my bed:dizzy: i could never imagine doing that in a 1/2 ton, its to much for my truck as it is.

9. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I am speechless when it comes to that signature. As for a plow and sander, 7'6'' plow, i would recommend a meyer because they're a bit lighter and will reduce wear on the front end. Sander go with the snowex 575, works great and would work with your truck

10. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

As a salt spreader dealer, DO NOT put a V box in an F150. They simply just cant handle that much weight. I have seen F250's really squat with a Vbox. But you can get a nice mid sized tailgate spreader and be just fine.