Whats the best pull behind aerator you guys know of?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I have a quad that is use to aerate with and Ive about wore it out its the one you get at lowes, I need a more durable one any ideas thanks alot!

2. Classen with the electric lift..

I would post the link, but those 20 rules forbid it...:rolleyes:

You can get one through lesco but in green.

me on tow.jpg

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I've got a Bluebird (think it's a 36 incher). Paid around $1100 for it a while back (6 or 7 years ago). Not sure what they run now...

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would say Classen is about the best built. Lesco sells it for theirs, as well. I have the Turf Vent by Feldmann, but it's an older one. Even the newer ones arent built as well as the older ones were. Mill Creek makes a nice one, as well.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Classen with 3 pt lift. I know your ATV doesn't have a 3 pt but the Classen is the tool!

tractor 016.jpg

6. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

Rodfather, you have a Bluebird and it actually pulls plugs?? I've got one also and it just sits in the garage. Never has done anything but punch holes. The 1/2" tines are jammed solid after a couple of rotations and it takes a hammer and screwdriver to push the plugs out.
    So far the best add-on aerator I have seen is the Gator-Rator from Groundbreakers. It mounts on the front of your Zero -Turn rider. Check out their add on the sponsors board. I just bought mine a few weeks ago and definately reccomend it. The only problem I've had is due to the lower weight of my Lazer HP. Bryant, the owner of groundbreakers has been great and is definately working with me to resolve the issue. I know the machine will pull great plugs because I've seen it on a full size ZTR. The gator-rator will definately let you get into much tighter places easier than a pull behind, and is much easier on the body than a walk behind. Fast also.