What's the best replacement trimmer head?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SunriseLawn, Jun 27, 2004.

1. SunriseLawn

SunriseLawn LawnSite Member

I want to replace my trimmer head on my Maruyama bcl2250. What replacements do you guys use?
    Thanks,
    Eric
    SunriseLawn
    :confused:

2. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

We switched to rapid loader heads this year and really like them. No more winding string, just cut a ton of 8 inch sting and put them in reach of the trimmers. The guys grab a couple sets, put them in there pocket and they are off.

The heads except different size string so if you've got some real touch stuff to trim just load in the large dia. string. When your down just pull out the string and insert your normal every day size.

We think they work well!!!

Mike

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Selnoil, can you put .155 string in that head?? If so I think I may get one.

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

we like our oregon qwik loader. it can take .155. If you are going to get it I recommend two line cutting instead of three if you have a smaller horse power wacker. the three line cutting is great for lot clearing especially when you put in a type of line called flexiblade it just tears the brush up and even cuts small sapplings.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have a quik loader for .155, and we picked up some proto type heads last fall in Loiusville from Anatoli Manufacturing from Italy. Very nice , durable heads. Only 2 pieces per head, no more dropped or lost springs, and quick to reload.

6. Ric Harris

Ric Harris LawnSite Member

I've been using the Rapid Loader heads on all my string trimmers.

7. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

Yes we have some .155 string and have used on a couple thick jobs. I do believe, without looking at them, they will even take larger dia. We normally use .08 for everyday trimming. I agree with TClawn, get the two string rather then the 3 string. We paid $25.00 ea. for our heads.

Mike

8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys thats what I wanted to know.

9. SunriseLawn

SunriseLawn LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your responses. I know I am tired of having to unknot the spool and rewind it. I think I will give the rapid loader a try.
    SunriseLawn
    Eric

:)