whats the best ride on spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by EARTH5, Jul 29, 2011.

1. EARTH5

EARTH5 LawnSite Member

I am new to fertilizing and just wondering whats the best ride on spreader for liquid and granular... i am looking at the t-300/ perma green/ and the z sprays.. we are small approx 300 customers..... thanks for your help

2. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Do a search in this forum.
    There are many many threads discussing this.

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

i see the big argument of t3000 vs zspray happening in the future!!!!

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

depends on who you ask............

5. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

"small" @ 300 customers?

I guess everything's relative.

I have WAY (understatement) less accounts. I'm in the market. But, cost is going to have to weigh in (in a big way). I'm currently looking at the CC XP S/S. @ $3,700.00, it fits my needs (unless I find a SMOKIN' deal on one of the more appointed machines).

If money were no object, I'd be looking at another unit. For my needs, I still think this machine will work fine.

6. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

T3000 hands down, no questions asked. I've used them all, I love my T!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I just turned 314 hours on my xp, great value for the price, in fact you can buy 2 xp's for the cost of most other ride ons!

8. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

I have a triumph, it gets the job done and I got a good deal on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

That's great to hear. It would take me YEARS to see 314hrs. roll over. My only concern with this machine is mobility. My main use for it will be on 5 properties, totalling 20acres. No issues I can foresee on those. I'll also be looking to use it on MUCH smaller parcels, too. I am a bit concered, there, on what I'll have to use to get to areas that "may" (my fears could easily be a product of my ignorance on how nimble these machines really are) present issues. Planning on trying to demo one, in the near future.

10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I saw this one today. Note the tank is strapped on a sheet of plywood where the roll bar was. Looks a little top heavy to me. (no it ain't mine) :laugh:

Ditto with Equity Green

CIMG0053.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011