1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

whats the best skid steer...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by zim bob the landscaper, Dec 30, 2005.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks u guys for the info. well ill probably have to get my dad to get the demo ive already used a S250 and i loved it. it was a rental so i only got to use it 8 hours and then we did a foundation for a shed which i used for 2 hours.
  2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I would stick with a CAT, or a Bobcat, Ive had lots of experience with both, and they are great machines, and very easy to operate. As for size, a Bobcat 763/ or 863 is great for landscaping, as well as a CAT 246.
  3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

zim bob, you probably can't go wrong with a S250. :D

We don't mean to brush your request off as being non-important, so if you do have specific questions, feel free to post away. Best of luck on the purchase!

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

i have the bobcat T300 and its the best bang for your buck IMO ..
  5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm just going to put in my vote for Cat and not give any reasons, it'll start a war. :waving:
  6. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah...and ya drive a Ford as well:p
  7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Dad drives a Ford, I sport the Jimmy. :D
  8. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Zim bob,

I own both a wheeled machine (S220) and a rubber track machine (ASV RC50), and I find both of them solid for different things. If I had to pick just one based on your uses I'd go with a larger rubber track machine, such as the RC-100 (my next purchase). It has a lifting capacity large enough for building rock walls, more than enough hp for heavy digging, it has two speed (over 11mph) for snow removal (my RC50 kicks butt pushing snow), is sensitive on lawns and yards, and comes standard with high flow for brush clearing. I sold Bobcats for many years and they make a good machine, but I've demoed most of the tracked machines, and IMHO ASV does make the best tracked machine. I've demoed mulching heads on all of the major brands, Bobcat (T250), CAT (287B), Mustang, and the ASV RC100, and the ASV is best by far with the FECON and the Timber Axe. I'll probably be buying a used one this spring (can't afford a new one just yet) to branch out into some land clearing. Just something to think about.
  9. wmtom

wmtom LawnSite Member

I run a John Deere CT322 and love it

Mike Thomas
  10. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Hey.....I drive a Ford:p