Whats the best software?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Slcareco, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys believe is the best software to use for everything, book keeping, invoicing, statements, etc?

Clip?
    Quickbooks?
    LawnPro?

Etc....

2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Clip and Quickbooks Combo. With Clip you get a lot more than just software, if you chose.

Tim

3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

4. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I am also looking at what software to buy. I thought about getting quickbooks so i can just send my accountant my info and lawn pro for managing my business. What do you think?

5. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

westwind, do you use strictly quickbooks with no other industry specific software? I have a mac and the only program I can get that's compatible with my computer, without getting a parallel program to run windows.

how does the quickbooks work for you? I've heard its the best for accounting., but is it sufficent for job costing, estimates, invoicing ect...

thanks for any input. i excited to get going with my software, but am still debating if I want something else.

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

yes you can do all of that with Quick Books Pro and much more. I have been using it for years with no problems. I like it because you can track time, expenses, income and get very detailed reports with a mouse click and graphs that let you know how your business is doing. The only thing I would like to see is a scheduling feature and routing but thats about it.

7. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

sounds good. I think I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. scheduling would be nice, but I'm a solo op, so at least for now I should be alright.

is there any way to rig-up a mulch calculator or anything like that on QB pro? what type of job costing is there?

thanks

8. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Use CLIP for project and employee tracking, job costing, and tracking your profit margins, and use QB Pro for the accounting, employee pay, etc.

Tim

9. ALL-PRO LANDSCAPE CO.

ALL-PRO LANDSCAPE CO. LawnSite Member

Groundskeeper pro is the only way to do it. It gives you the easiest way to organize your landscaping data. Have tried everything else. Cant beat groundskeeper pro.

10. boxsky

boxsky LawnSite Member

I was using LawnPro and now switched to Peachtree. My wife is a CPA so make my life easier.

Watch the LawnPro software for billing. It makes a lot of mistakes calculating sales tax. I have not used the others out there but LawnPro has some serious problems with invoicing, scheduling.