Whats the best sticker

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kirk1701, Apr 4, 2010.

1. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey all,
    I think thats what you call it, sticker prevents drift?

I picked up a bottle of Bonide Turbo Spreader Sticker on my last visit to Southern States as thats the only thing they had. I used it last week and notices a big difference when I sprayed; could actually see the ground was wet where I sprayed and never could before.

Upon closer examination on the side of the bottle (No Label) I see it mentions better distribution to the foliage better and briefly talks about "reduce leaching and product waste" which I assume is drift?

Is this what I need to control drift and is there anything better you all recommend?

http://www.norganics.com/label/turbospreader.pdf

2. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

man i love the LT700 , way better then the sulfking and sticker

3. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

see above comments.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

The stuff is like a strong detergent. It wets the weeds better--thereby reducing runoff. Helpful if you have weeds that are waxy or hairy or otherwise hard to wet--like clover. There are many other similar products.

5. kirk1701

Or weeds like nutsedge which I know I'm going to have :cry:

Pre-ems won't take care of the nutsedge so I know I'm going to have to spray for that.

Thanks guys, I'll look into this

6. kirk1701

Riggle
    Will this BONIDE help at all with drift?

I wanted to kill off some grass today and use it seeing its not windy "YET"!!!:laugh:

7. kirk1701

8. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

Is LT700 better than lesco spreader sticker? Is it the same kind of sticker? Is it ionic or non-ionic?

9. kirk1701

So it is LT not LI???

Had a hard time finding it but the link I posted above says nonionic

10. Boomer Sooner

Boomer Sooner LawnSite Member

sticker-and a drift product a seperate- spreader sticker gives you better coverage on the weeds- a drift product will tighten up the pattern to reduce drift from target-tried a few drift products this spring and had problems with it binding to the pre-emergent, broadleaf mix,so I say no to the drift product and would use a larger spray tip, if a little windy;

we have a lot of nutsedge here and crop oil is good when temps are a little warmer and the cost per k is half compared to sticker