Whats the best string trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by CashinH&P, May 6, 2013.

1. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

husqvarna 223, 323, 326 are like trimming with feathers they are so light

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

We have a winner ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:clapping::clapping:

3. QLM

QLM LawnSite Senior Member

That is no joke. Was tired of using that beast a t282 I have been using for years. Just landed a great big job so I wanted a lighter trimmer. Bought a 326 this morning it took all day to get comfortable using that thing. I like it a lot I never imagined they could be so light. No complaints yet . That is amazing how light they are.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

I use STIHL FS70s right now. Plenty of power for everyday trimming & powers through the thick stuff. It's lightweight, but durable. My next trimmer will be a redmax because I want to try them myself. They seem to have a lot of power too.

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

well at least no one has suggested echo yet

6. outpowspo

outpowspo LawnSite Member

The RedMax TR2350 is pretty light. You can toss it around with ease. When you first look at it, it will suprise you because the engine is tiny. If I am going to do a lot of trimming, then I will grab it over my Shin T270 or my Stihl KM110.

7. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

You got that right. Husqvarna 224L is the best. And I know 224L is lighter and easier to use than a Echo SRM-230SPC .I use it one time did me .

8. Fawcett

Fawcett LawnSite Member

I love my Red Max BCZ2660TS, strong as $%@. Been left out in the rain numerous nights, been run over twice (thanks Mom). Starting to take several pulls to get started but it is 5-6 years old. I was going to replace it with a different brand but after reading all of these threads I might just get a new one. The heads are super easy to load and it makes killer power and rarely leaves a clumpy mess when in thick stuff.

I've also got a Stihl 90R Kombi unit which splits time between an extended hedge trimmer and a weed whacker. While trimming bushes it sips fuel but when whipping grass man does that thing like to drink. It will need to be fueled up 2-3x as much as my Red Max. Still it has some solid torque. Just leaves a clumpy mess when getting into thicker stuff. I hate loading the head-its a PITA.

-Fawcett

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We absolutely LOVE our TR2350! Very rarely do we touch our two echo SRM230 anymore. Don't get me wrong the echos are 6 and 7 years old and still run like new but the TR2350 is so much lighter the echos feel like you are swinging around lead bricks.

10. K-OS

K-OS LawnSite Member

Red max 2660ts all the way. I have stihl 90 up to 110 and they suck compared to the red max. I cut a very large cemetery and the red max is the one my guys run to unless I'm on the trimmer. It's smooth, strong, and sips fuel. 4 mix stihl looks like a gas guzzler next to it and a string eater. Stihls are not smooth, powerful, but hard to get a constant cruise speed.

Redmax all the way man, something as stupid as a steel bolt in the head assembly reduces wear and saves me 30$ a week on heads. They thought of everything. Smooth machine, powerful as heck, light, easy to start, and economic. Oh, did I mention CHEAP.

Daniel
    Posted via Mobile Device