What's the best sunscreen?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Jun 9, 2005.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I need to know what's the best sunscreen to use. I sweat like a pig :cry: here in Florida so I need one that will last. I'd prefer using wipes. What's everyone using?

2. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is all we use for the whole family!! We discovered this stuff about 6 years ago down in your neck of the woods :) I'm fair skinned and 15 works great. I can actually get a tan without burning!!! Their after tan cream (Rejuvenator)is the best I've used. Stick it in your fridge and you will never deal with sumburn again!! http://underthesunskincare.com

3. FloridaMowMan

FloridaMowMan LawnSite Member

I use hawaian Tropic SPF 60+ with a wide brim hat. I dont want a doctor and scalpel getting near me cutting off skin cancer anytime soon.

4. gatormowing

gatormowing LawnSite Member

Ed, I"ve used Bullfrog sunscreen for many years. It was developed for surfers and sweat nor rain will wash it off. Only drawback is even though your skin doesn"t feel sticky grass and dirt stick. By the end of the day you're a mess. Bob

5. Rougewave

Rougewave LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Bullfrog is the best IMHO. Been using it for many years. Does not matter what you are doing it sticks around and does its job.
    I'm a snow skier, sailor, jet skier, crane operator, rider of fast bikes and all around outdoor nerd for over 20 years. The sun is not a friend of our skin. Skin damage is cumulative, it builds over the years and comes around to haunt you later in life.................be wise!

http://www.bullfrogsunscreen.com/about.asp

6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

The 5 main ingredients in conventional sunscreen all cause cancer individually. Go to your local health food store and get some natural sunscreen.

Also, just because you burn, doesn't mean you get skin cancer. Cancer will only grow if you have an acidic body (tissues, and stuff). If your body is alkaline, you virtually can't get cancer. There are tons of ways to get the body alkaline, including your diet and the way you think.

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

white or light gray long sleeved t-shirt, long pants

either that or stay inside

8. JOEWOOD

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

2 Hot & Sexy Babes Mr. 90
    My Aunt also lives in Spring Hill...HOT...HOT...HOT...(Not the aunt, the weather)...LOL...

Say hello for me...Joe :waving:

9. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

agreed...this was always the route for our uniforms, even in desert jobs. I like sunscreens in the 45 range that are sweat and water "proof". But they are right, any dirt in the air and you are now wearing it for the rest of the day. Work without a hat in the sun? I can't even imagine that.