What's the best system to use for billing someone?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Novaowner, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Novaowner

Novaowner LawnSite Member

I have a customer who asked me to bill her monthly. I dont' have a system set up yet, because I've just started this year and don't have many customers. How have some of you old timers set up a billing system? Does anyone have a sample bill I could use for reference? Thanks.

2. MASSIF

MASSIF LawnSite Member

Quickbooks! Works the best for us. It allows you to track a ton of information as well. You can pull up any client at any time and see where they are in their billing/payments.

Love it.

MASSIF

3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Quickbooks PRO

NEVER use EasyStart. Its sooo primative and a waste of time. I have no opinion of using Premier, but I feel its too expensive and advanced for a new guy like yourself (and myself to tell you the truth!).

4. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Quickbooks works for me perfectly. Check your local county college for night classes during the winter. They offer classes and how to use the software.

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Been using QuickBooks Pro since 98 without any problems at all. I would highly reccomend it

6. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't bought Quickbooks Pro yet since I only have two clients so far that I bill monthly. I will, but in the meantime I took the MS Word invoice template that comes with the software or free on the MS site and modified/customized it for a quote or bill. I just have to remember to change the invoice #, cust. #, etc that real software does for you.

It works for now but I get get more organized, computerized and centralized.

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

MyInvoices and Estimates Deluxe or Pro version from Avanquest Software.

Create invoices, and do a whole lot more. Very affordable at 30-50 bucks for the software.

8. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

If you had alot customers that you needed to create invoices for each month then I would recomend Quickbooks but since you only have one client that you are needing to bill then I would just use a invoice template in Word or Excel. I use to do all of my billing that way until I had enough clients to justify purchasing Quick books.
    The invoice templates for Word and Excel can be found at:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=invoice&av=TPL000

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Louisville slugger

10. CrimsonLCS

CrimsonLCS LawnSite Member

We us the software from here.. Gopher works great