Whats the best trailer brand

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by stuntmanlogan, Jan 27, 2008.

1. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

Im thinking about getting a trailer this year, because im getting tired of hauling my equitment around in the back of my truck any suggestions about what size or brand ive been looking alot at the hh trailers and this spring im picking up a 36in metro. Thanks
  2. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What other equipment do you have? For just a 36 walk behind, you won't need much of a trailer, but get one a little bit bigger than you need right now so you'll have room for more equipment in the future. Do you want enclosed or open? Trailer brands seem to be somewhat regional, so what I might would recommend may not be available in Iowa. Really, it just takes a little bit of time to go to a few places that sell trailers and look at ones that are the size you need with the features you want.
  3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

4. CleanCutProLawn

CleanCutProLawn LawnSite Member

what part of iowa are you located, Dressen trailers might have a dealership near you. If you are located in the NW part you could just drive up to where they are built just north of Sioux Falls on I29
  5. stuntmanlogan

Thinking about just a 6x12 open to start off with.
  6. stuntmanlogan

The only other equitment i have is a 21in personal pace and stihl trimmer and blower. Im thinking about just a 6x12 open for now because this summer im getting a 36in exmark metro and in a few years i hope to pick up a large zero turn so i want it to fit so i dont have to get a new trailer then.
  7. scooterdayton

scooterdayton LawnSite Member
    Male, from Wisconsin Rapids

i have a 2006 trinity 6.5x12 open aluminum tubing and i love it. made in stanley wisconsin. dont get cheap angle iron trailer.
    i have a 61" zero turn and with the bagger unit on, it barely fits, but still perfect. think i paid $1500 new, worth every penny.
    and when you look for a trailer make sure it has enough travel, ive seen the axle hitting the electrical conduit on some with only a half in or so of clearence, junk.
  8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Where in iowa?
  9. stuntmanlogan

Des Moines
  10. stuntmanlogan

Do you have anything else besides the 61in on there.