Whats the best trailer brand

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by stuntmanlogan, Jan 27, 2008.

1. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

PJ trailers has a dealer up there. I would seriously check em' out, they are built right in my back door. They just got their 10 million dollar powder coat system up and running, and a powder coat is rated to last a long time. I am tired of having to paint my trailers every 2 years.

2. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Berg Auto in Iowa City. He charges what the web site lists. Mine was the steel side with ramp gate and I think it was $1295.

3. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have pics of your two trailers

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Asking this only leads to a never ending discussion, I see this over and over but the question itself doesn't make sense...

What if I said Trails West, what would you do with one of these?
    http://www.trailswesttrailers.com/

All right, yes I understand you don't need a horse trailer.
    But the question still leaves me as clueless.

A better question would be who makes a good "size and type of trailer" in "my area (your location)"?

5. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

6. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Some things to look for in a trailer, just suggestions
    1. welds and how the trailer is made, type of steel, I prefer I channel better than angle iron, grab the front of a trailer, push down on a corner, if you can flex the other corner in the rear, it is a weak angle iron trailer
    2. electrical, how is the wiring done, exposed, sealed in, quality of lights,ect
    3. Floor, how close are crossmembers, I like 12" on centers, makes for a strong trailer, take no less than 16"
    4. suspension, a dexter axle and torflex suspension is worth the extra cash, it needs no maintenance and will last the life of the trailer, not to mention ride great, unlike springs
    that wear out
    5. coupler, get at least a 2" ball, one with a heavy duty clasp that you just pull back on is easier to operate(ie doesnt get stuck as easy), plus if the pin goes in, you know its closed all the way, no guessing
    6. good paint, I hate cheap paint

Good luck

7. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought my second lawrimore trailer these trailers are the best built for the money. The dealer made me a deal I could not refuse on the second one 87" * 18' tandem with brakes for $ 1531.70 out the door. I need to build a cage for my cans and back pack blower. This trailer is a full square tube frame. So if someone has any input on how to build the cage let me know.

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, I love my 7x16 PJ. Built extremely well. Love the powder coat, and the diamond plate fenders.

9. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

hey i got a 6x10 with new wood on it and 36 exmark for sale

10. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have any pics of either of them.