Whats the best trimmer head to get to save on time and the best buck for the money.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kebrowns, Jul 22, 2012.

1. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

I tried several heads. The pivot one on TV that you can do along fences, but lacks power and speed but lasts for a very long time. The rapid feed is very powerful but after 10 minutes of use you need to reload. The two line trimmer unit is quick and powerful but it takes a while to wheel in stuff and reload again. I have also seen the automatic feed but not familiar with it. Can some one point me in the right direction?

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Speedfeed 375
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

I thought of speed feed but its not universal.

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You have "homeowner" equipment. Your not going to find anything any better unless you buy the "good" stuff.

5. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Speed Feed is all we use

6. chagh2.0

chagh2.0 LawnSite Member

You really need to buy some better equipment. you just cant use crap in this biz. you got to buy the best you can afford but leave the home owner s$% on the shelf

7. B&SFTW

B&SFTW LawnSite Member

why not use the oregon 55-985? it has the same capability to be quickly loaded as the speed feed head, but can be taken apart like a normal bump feed head (actually, even easier).

2012-07-23 18.20.46.jpg

8. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the SpeedFeed, but I also have a trimmer with the Husky T35 head and it works pretty well.

9. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

speed feed hands down!

10. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl feed best hands down. Always have a warning that you are going to run out of string. Never left in the back corner of the property without string and you do not have to walk around all day with extra string in your pocket. Speed feed will only hold half the amount of string the Stihl head dose.