What's the best truck manufacture today?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by steveo95, Dec 4, 2010.

?

What Truck Manufacture is best?

1. Dodge

51 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Chevy

63 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. GMC

26 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Ford

153 vote(s)
    49.0%
  5. Other

19 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

yes all set on plowing 4 truck going. if we get snow. on that truck from the school at lease you know that the work was done on it. the town dose take care of the truck. a friend of my work at the town shop working on the trucks.

2. OrganicsMaine

OrganicsMaine LawnSite Senior Member

They did take good care of it. The only things that were a problem is that a lot of times the guys driving it would leave it idling a lot for 20+ minutes during the winter. The other thing was they were running a 1yd sander in it and the bed was not in very good shape....hence the new bed on it. Great truck for only paying $3100 for it!

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

So you Maine gentleman ever do buss with Abbots in Waterboro? I think they are a walker dealer, bought a sled of em last yr.

4. stan the man

from Maine

on towing i have aaa and it help a lot in the winter. one winter i got stuck on the island 200 oclock in the morning. call them to pull me out on end road the drive had to back down the road to pull me out. that was the year we had 23 storms. 23 would be nice this year.

5. stan the man

from Maine

my 4 wheeler come from them. my mowers came larrys in lewiston. i lived in hollis until poland spring bottling company come in. i sold my house and land to them so they could put the new plant in. made a lot money from on that deal. i do all the field mowing for them in the state of maine. i do the mowing of the 2 bottling plants hollis and poland spring in the summer. they try to get me to do the mowing in new Hampshire for them.

6. CD_CLC

CD_CLC LawnSite Member

My business is running two trucks right now, my mom's (no laughs please lol) 81 F-150 single cab long bed, and my partner just bought a 2000 Chevy 1 ton extended cab with duals. I want to get a Tacoma when I get the money. Any opinions on the Tacoma? It would only be pulling a trailer with a push mower or two, maybe a bit more in the future.

7. stan the man

from Maine

81 F-150 why laugh the older truck.are made to last

8. Leroy_1

Leroy_1 LawnSite Member

Im gonna have to say Ford is lookin real good with their new powertrain combos. I am wanting to try the F-150 ecoboost engine when it becomes available. For a diesel the GM Duramax is a real stout contender and probably the most refined setup as a whole (transmission and driveability). They are all about the same prices (list anyway, your dealer may be jacking you on price) when you compare apples to apples, so buy what treats you good from the dealer with good service.

9. CD_CLC

CD_CLC LawnSite Member

I meant don't laugh that it's my mom's truck. haha It's good though, it works, and has far less problems than my dad's 90 Suburban. By far less problems, I mean that by a 1:10 ratio. I'm not too confident in my partners truck because it's a 2000 and we had a 2000 Suburban for a while and it was in the shop more than not and we lost a ton of money on it. We also had a 93 Suburban and it had like 10 problems when we had it for 2 months. I don't have much faith in Chevy. Sorry to you Northern Maine people. haha

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I am enjoying mine as well.