what's the best vehicle for...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawn, Apr 17, 2006.

1. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

What's the best vehicle for snow removal? I need to get a new car but I was thinking to get something that I can do snow removal also.
    Any advise? what about an suv?
  2. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

NOBODY KNOWS????? :cry: :help: :confused:
  3. Badgerz

Badgerz LawnSite Member

How about an 80s station wagon? Make sure it's got the fake wood panels running down the sides too. They add about 10hp for better pushin'.
  4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

How about a nice family truckster ? :laugh:

I have a f250 ext. cab great for snowplowing

Picture 003 (Small).jpg
  5. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

3/4ton Truck, Ext cab or CC if you have a family, don't get a toy like a suburban or something just get a truck
  7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

A whole separate forum dedicated to talk about snow.
  8. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

just get a 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck with crew cab and short bed.
  9. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

well if u wanna save some gas money go with a toyota or something, or a jeep or a 1/2 ton, but if u wanna do some real plowing where u can push a lot, i would have to save the dodge 3500 cums desiel but a lot of people dont like the dodges, but i have 1st hand plowing in one while my truck was down and the owner of the company i plow for let me drive his personal truck and let me tell u what, it was amazing...but if u have a fam. get a 1/2 ton or a jeep...but with the jeeps u want to always always always have a shovel b.c in 12-24 in of snow u will at some point get stuck at least once....unless ur smart and plow with the storm, thats what i know do with my s10...learned the hard way in a 17in storm
  10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

1/2 or 3/4 ton truck if you get a crew cab you will want short bed. We use regular cab trucks with 8 foot beds they work great.