What's the best Vibratory Plow pulling device

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mx315, Jan 2, 2014.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

One nice thing about the loop of chain is that you can pull multiple pipes at the same time

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

king grip.....

3. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

Got the King 81801 on the way. Thanks for the info

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If you're also going to pull 3/4-inch PVC, that requires another grip assembly.

Also, you want to get a cheap adjustable open-end wrench as a tool to help hammer the shell tight. 10-inch is a good size. King had, and maybe still has, a specific tool for this, but you can do without it.

5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

The chinese fingers work well , been using them 30 years , they are wear items , the more you use them they will wear out , have 1 or 2 extra on the truck .

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I use a hammer. We took out a body bolt and bolted in a hammer holster right on back

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

HAMMER...........WRENCH...........Different tools different purposes. Right tool, right job.

You silly.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

a picture of the King Grip 'wrench' would make it clearer, but I couldn't find one - imagine a clumsy-looking plastic Fisher-Price toy wrench made of steel (the opening fits the hex nut on the grips)

the hammer is the tool of necessity here - the open-end wrench goes against the grip shell and you're hammering on the wrench, and not on the grip - that provides some protection for the shell, and extends its life

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

all fancy, we do it with the tap of the shovel to let go of the pipe on our grip.

10. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

Got the Grip and a Chinese Finger in yesterday, hopefully our weather will clear up in the next few days and I can test them out.