whats the best walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brian B, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

ok. so i did a search and didnt find anything. so what do you all think is the best walk behind? im looking for a 48" deck and a hydro

2. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark viking or the bigger turf tracer if money is not an issue.

3. 101numlock

101numlock LawnSite Member

have used toro tbar belt and hydro drives for years, no problems, excellent cut and parts are usually in stock at my local dealers. just my two cents.

4. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

how much does a new turf tracer hp cost?

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

IMO - Lesco makes the best w/b.

6. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

I'd vote for the Ferris Hydro DD.
    Large, solid, low-pressure hydro is silky smooth, unsurpassed stability on hills, great cut, nice natural stripe from the ones I've seen.

But you cant go wrong with a Gravely 1748H or the larger frame Exmarks either.
    Make sure whatever you buy has the larger/wider tires and can properly pull a sulky.

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Are you talking about the newer Hydrowalk DD with the floating deck, or the fixed deck Hydrowalk?

Just wondering, because I wanted to originally buy the HW DD with the floating deck. That turned into a mess, because it wasn't available at the time(june of this year) and every dealer thought I wanted the fixed-deck Hydrowalk.

I don't even know if the full floating deck Hydrowalks are out yet. I had called Ferris, and they told me that it was pushed forwards to September for a release date.

Otherwise, I have a 48" Turf Tracer HP with the 19HP Kawi, and I think it's a great mower.

8. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I was quoted between $5555.00 - $5600.00 on a 48" 19 KAW TTHP - check with your local dealers for prices in your area.

9. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Theres only 2 WB's i can recomend.

Hustler. -- Awsome! need not to say more
    Toro - T-Bar is proved and is great

Exmarks cut is great but there ESC controls are the worst in the industry.

10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

TTHP is good. Get one slightly used and you can nock tons off the price (value drops like a rock as soon as you drive away from the dealer).