Whats the Best Way to Get New Business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Young Lawn Boy, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Young Lawn Boy

Young Lawn Boy LawnSite Member

I'm a sophomore in High School and Have been mowing for about 5 years now. I started in my neighborhood and last year moved to surrounding one's not to far from my house. This year I'm wanting to expand more in the same neighborhoods. I am planning to start with about 1,000 to 2,000 flyer's....any other good ideas to help get business?

2. jbone

jbone LawnSite Member

Theres a lot of different ways to get more business. It all really depends on your capabilities, plans, equipment, etc. If you are solo, or have employees make sure you dont take on too much. Make your fliers as professional as possible. Offer more services than just mowing,trimming, blowing. Such as spring/fall cleanups, installation of lawns or gardens, etc. Basically expand services. Competitive pricing (not lowballing). If you can afford it become fully insured. A lot of people look at that! Just a couple of tips. Dont forget excellent customer service goes along way. Good luck

3. Young Lawn Boy

Young Lawn Boy LawnSite Member

ya i offer a lot of services also such as landscaping , clean-ups , hedge trimming, and more...i also plan on getting insurance but was going to stick with liability... should i get fully insured? and if so how much extra do you think it will cost?

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You could try to use the fact that you are in school as a possible personal advantage in you immediate neighborhood. People relate to someone trying hard and who lives close to them.

5. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

that worked great for me:)

6. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Certainly living in a city the size of yours you cannot discount the power of newspapers,free classifieds,flers taped to the wall outside the entrance to stores,even a free listing for your business on sites like google and yahoo.Happy to see you out there getting after it at your age.