for starters, my truck battery (terminal cable) caught fire today....... for the past month i have had my shurflow pump wired direct to my truck battery.. today while turning out of the bank i noticed smoke comming out of the engine, i pulled over fast, didnt know whether to run or what.. I popped the hood and the battery was on fire a bit.. i grabbed some kitty litter out of my spill kit and threw it on there which put it out.. I'm not sure how it was hooked up, my brother in law did it, but there was a wire going from the pump to the positive terminal, and that wire was toasted from the battery all the way to the truck bed.. there was another wire going from the negative terminal on battery grounded to the truck. all i know is it was working just great.. I am not quite sure why this happend all of a sudden... I'll never wire it up like this again.. this could have been really really bad. any suggestions? I have a boat battery in the back of my truck that i used before.. but not sure how to keep it charged? I thought i may be able to run my pump directly through my hitch plug in, its one of those 7 blade deals i believe.. but i never had any luck finding an adapter.. not to mention i don't know much about wiring up electrical stuff.