whats the best way to kill crab gass?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cmilligan, Jul 12, 2012.

1. cmilligan

cmilligan LawnSite Member

i have a bermuda lawn and it is eat up with crab grass what the best way to kill it....thanks for any help

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I prefer Celcius with MSO sprayed with a fan tip for Crabgrass in Bermuda.

3. cmilligan

thanks i will check that out

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

There is a whole other thread on this too that is just a few weeks old. Pretty much the same conclusion

5. cmilligan

yea i was looking but have not found it yet

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

7. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Properly applied Celsius is a big improvement over the old way unless the missile test site is a desirable look for a bermuda lawn.

8. GALAWN

GALAWN LawnSite Member

Are you at medium rate or high rate?

9. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

I am having very good results with Celcius. I am at day 9 after application and most everything I sprayed is dying. I am noticing a little bit of yellowing in the grass where I sparyed but I am not really too concerned with it yet. I am going to have to make another pass sometime next week with it to get the stuff I missed/was to conservative on spraying.

10. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I prefer the medium rate for almost eveeything. That way I can blanket spray twice and be at yearly level. Every now and then if I get one that is eat up with tough stuff I will hit it with the high rate and then low a couple of weeks later. Medium rate with MSO seems to handle a lot of stuff.
    Posted via Mobile Device