What's the best?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn, Jan 24, 2008.

1. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

tiller and bed edger? I would like to get one of each this season, I'm looking for somenthing heavy duty on the tiller. Thanks

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

We like the Brown bed edger...as far as a tiller ..we have a small Mantis to till up beds ...its small but it works great.

3. Ridin' Around

Ridin' Around LawnSite Senior Member

I also have become very fond of the Brown bed edger. it seems very rugged in its build and has lots of blade options. So far we cannot justify a purchase but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for lots of new bed work this season.

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I have never used a Brown Bed edger but from the reviews I have read they seem to be the best out there although there expensive. As far as tillers are concerned it really depends on your budget and what your uses are. My preference is BCS when it comes down to high end tillers they are multi use machines with many different attachments and the fastest tine speed of any tiller out there and a wide tilling width 24" to over 36". If your budget is around a $1000 or lower the best tiller I have found is the Husqvarna 700drt it comes with a Briggs 7hp engine and unlike most tiller that are either forward tiller or counter rotating this tiller can do both and its built like a tank. So unless your going to be spending $2500 or more, I would highly suggest getting the Husqvarna 700 drt.

5. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks All!

I Am Looking For A Eavy Duty Tiller That Will Do The Job. One Of The Jobs That I Wil Be Using It For Will Be To Make A Vegetable Garden In A Big Yard