whats the best

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Oct 22, 2000.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

im looking to start buying all new equiptment i was wondering ..what is the best,blower,stringtrimmer,edger,walkbehinds,hedgecutters,aerator,powerake,spreader,ect..any info would be great

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

A good place to start would be to read all the posts in the Who, Where, What did you start with forum. Take a look at what we are all using and take an average of this. What is best for one company isn't always the best for another. The reason I use the equipment I use is I feel it is the best or I wouldn't have bought it, but that doesn't mean the next guy thinks it is.

If you have a dealer around you like I do, that also has a mowing business, this would be a good place to buy. You know this dealer will stock parts for his equipment, which means he will also have enough in stock for you too. He has already field tested what he sells, in my opinion this is the best place to shop for equipment. Dealer service and parts availability is very important to keep you from having down time.

He sells:
    Dixie Choppers
    Exmarks
    Shindaiwa
    Red Max
    Except for Exmark, this is what I use.

3. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

I agree with Eric, go with a dealer who runs a mowing business. Coming from the dealers side since I work part time at one, what he says is so true. I stock everything that I need for my equipment also I have tthe knowledge and experience with the equipment for my area that I sell it in.
    We deal in Toro,Redmax,Bluebird,Mclane,Mckesicke,Ariens. we also service what we sell plus anyother brand avaible in our area.

4. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

It is important to demo the equipment you will be buying. We all have different types of jobs, commericl vs residential. You will need different types of equipment for different types of jobs. Look for a company with great service record.

5. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

that makes alot of sense.the right equiptment for my area ill ask my dealer sells mostly scag equiptment and echo thanks again ill check into it .yea the propertys over here in ny are mostly 100 by100s ....