Whats the cheapest OCDC on the market?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Mar 1, 2005.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

I need an OCDC....Whats the cheapest one you can think of?
  2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I took two small pieces of angle(L shape) iron and welded it on either side of the Discharge area to make a U shaped channel and cut a hunk of 1/4 sheet metal to slide in the channel I just created. I put a handle on top of the sheet metal Viola Cheap OCDC I guess you could use something like expanded metal as well to get some flow...I did not have that many lawns where i needed to spend the $$$ on high dollar ocdc the plate worked fine, I had one for each mower and they stayed hung in the trailer and when I needed it grab and go...

I though about trying to be tricky to use the orginal spring, and nut bolt combo that held the disharge shute in place so it was always attached, but I like to weld so I opted for the easy way out...
  3. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

I make them out of Diamond plate & cold steel....you can get all the parts you need at Lowes or Menards.

Easy to make and alot less $$$$ :cool2:
  4. excell

excell LawnSite Member

Does any one have any pics of your ocdc?

He__, what is a ocdc?
  5. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

ezchute.com has them for $180. I think they only make them for Exmark and Bobcat though.
  6. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

It sucks that I have no skill in welding or metal-working. I wish I did, I would have built one by now.
  7. MarcSmith

No pics, but visualize a window sliding in a track up and down...the track on mine is the chanel on either side of the dishcharge area and the window is the steel plate....total cost might have been $20......Go to a good body shop or metal shop, the amount of metal you need is laying around as scrap and if you droped a couple $20's they'd probably weld it up for you while you wait...Might take a half hour.....Just make sure you have some way to remove the plate with out putting your fingers under the deck....Just to be safe...
  8. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Check the advanced chute system out. Its posted at top of postings.
  9. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Dixie Chopper has the best one. It comes standard on the mower
  10. MarcSmith

I'll agree that Dixie has the best OCDC, and got the market started on the OCDC as a retro fit for other models.....

I just don't like the rest of the parts attached to the Dixie Chopper OCDC :)

Just a quick joke, not meant to start a thread war on mowers....