What's the cheapest you will mow a lawn for?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hardcore5657, May 5, 2011.

1. Jims Lawncare

Jims Lawncare LawnSite Member

My minimum for a small weekly account is $25
  2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

sweet, i just learned something. i learned i have no idea what i'm talking about :hammerhead:

my min. is $25 and that has nothing to do with what side of town it's on or what equipment gets loaded and unloaded.

my price per cut is strictly based off the size of the property, how much trimming is included, how much edging is included and how much clean up.

i can have one lawn thats $25 a week and 5 min. drive time and another lawn that is $25 with 15 min. drive time if i wanted.

i run a route and place clients accordingly but there location doesn't affect my price per cut.
  3. Yardguy, if you had a lot that was $25 but was a 30 min drive, it would still be $25?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. ray904

ray904 LawnSite Member

$35.00 is my min
  5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

My minimum is $40 but I have one at $25 that is the same stop as 2 others and it's a tiny cottage lot. The front is about 100 sq feet and the back can't be more than 1000 sq feet.
  6. WLC26

WLC26 LawnSite Member

I try to give people an option for prices if they are right beside one I already have, and let me do it the same day. I have some people that dont want it cut on monday when im already there, but i say that the price is double if I have to come back later in the week for a special trip. Some people are willing to pay double actually. I was surprised the first time it happened.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I quoted a very small yard this year at $20, that is the absolute lowest I have quoted in years
    and I did it as an experiment, to see if that was the kind of service I wanted to offer.

Good thing the house is for sale because every time I mow it I am hating life,
    but I'll take the loss, it will serve as a great reminder why I have a $30 minimum
    and at least my days are numbered, even if it takes a year (or three).
  8. I read on here somewhere about a $1.00 a minute.
  9. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

location is key. if I can do 4, 5, or 6 houses on the same street and only have to move the truck once or twice, I may be more apt to give a little on the price, especially with gas the way it is because the less I move that truck the better. I have one lawn that I can't put the 54" on because the mower us just too big to maneuver around there, and even with the 36" from trailer gate down to trailer gate up im there 7.5 min. I do 2 others on the street, thats a $15 lawn Mow trim edge blow. The guy pays cash and usually insists on giving me a $20 with no change. But other than that one, I am hard pressed to charge less than $25 for a lawn.
  10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i dont have a minimum price, as long as i'm making money. never could understand people saying "i wont drop my gate for less than....." it really limits yourselves.