1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What's the cheapest you will mow a lawn for?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hardcore5657, May 5, 2011.

1. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

There is no minimum, just need to make a good wage and not do it for free and Im happy. Mostly $25 for small resi's.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If the yard is among others we do it would be $15. We edge fronts for $5 if it next to a yard we do. Money is money regardless of how small amount.

3. KINGMADE

KINGMADE LawnSite Member

I am getting 7 for edging only ;) Get what you can when you can.

4. KINGMADE

KINGMADE LawnSite Member

So 15 minute drive there. 15 minute drive back. load unload time. You might as well be paying them to cut it.

5. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I get a kick from these guys and their minimums. Like the $35 is my minimum but I will mow 3 acres for $36! Who are you trying to fool? I lose jobs Ive been mowing for years at $80 to you clowns who come in and mow it for $30. Then they say hey , whatever it takes to put food on the table. What a joke.

6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I've lost accounts to these guys also, but in the end the customer ends up calling me back and saying " I can't get the guy here to take care of my yard I need you back" LOL obviously I don't go back for the same price I was at, I've grown and prices have gone up :)

7. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Surprised no one said what if you lost all the lawns near it, would you still make money traveling out of your way to do it? Don't get cocky and price lower just because it's next to your other lawns. You never know what can happen and if you lose the lawns near that one you are better off losing that little lawn as well!.

8. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

so if you charged $30 for a 30 minute lawn you would charge $5 for a 5 minute lawn??

My cost of doing a lawn is much more than the time i spend on it, but also the time it takes to get to it, fuel, estimating, advertising, insurance (pennies per lawn, but still an expense).etc

9. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Have you had a customer ask you to lower your price because it costs them more to drive to work yet?

10. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

what if your nearby customer moves or stops service, should you give a discount because you hustled?