Lawn Care Forum banner

What's the cheapest you will mow a lawn for?

11K views 78 replies 47 participants last post by  BestImpressions99 
#1 ·
I have to give a estimate on a small lawn today, I will be in and out in 10min. What would you charge?
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 ·
With my route filling in I will not bother with any lawn under $30. The only exception to this would be a small yard in a neighborhood I already have accounts in. Even then it would not be much less than $30.

#9 ·
Won't drop the gate for less than $40 a cut (with discounts on yearly plans, that rate drops). Doesn't matter where it is. I mow all my neighbors yards, no travel time, no wear on the truck, no gas to get there. two are $40, one is $50.

#11 ·
I'm now working for milk and egg's.

#15 ·
It should be 1/2 of what you would charge for a 20 min lawn, 1/3 of a 30 min lawn, etc.

What did you quote?
BS. I honestly think you have no idea of what you are talking about. Part of the cost is not just in the lawn, it is the drive to/from and loading and unloading of equipment. Whether it is an acre or 5,000 square feet you still have the cost of the drive and the time wasted loading and unloading equipment.

#16 ·
my cheapest i do personally is 12.00 for a area right next to my office it takes 4 minutes No additional work , mowed when i mow my area
30.00 would be the min regular adn if i was getting as low a fuel milage as alot it would be 50.00

#20 ·
BS. I honestly think you have no idea of what you are talking about. Part of the cost is not just in the lawn, it is the drive to/from and loading and unloading of equipment. Whether it is an acre or 5,000 square feet you still have the cost of the drive and the time wasted loading and unloading equipment.
Let that noob fail, he's an idiot.

#21 ·
My minimum for a small weekly account is $25

#22 ·
sweet, i just learned something. i learned i have no idea what i'm talking about :hammerhead:

my min. is $25 and that has nothing to do with what side of town it's on or what equipment gets loaded and unloaded.

my price per cut is strictly based off the size of the property, how much trimming is included, how much edging is included and how much clean up.

i can have one lawn thats $25 a week and 5 min. drive time and another lawn that is $25 with 15 min. drive time if i wanted.

i run a route and place clients accordingly but there location doesn't affect my price per cut.

#26 ·
I try to give people an option for prices if they are right beside one I already have, and let me do it the same day. I have some people that dont want it cut on monday when im already there, but i say that the price is double if I have to come back later in the week for a special trip. Some people are willing to pay double actually. I was surprised the first time it happened.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.