whats the coolest way to mow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Jan 24, 2008.

what type of shirt keeps you the coolest?

1. t-shirt

72 vote(s)
  2. polyester blend

24 vote(s)
  3. shirt? i dont need no stinking shirt

6 vote(s)
  4. other (please specify)

21 vote(s)
  1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

This thread is to see what types of clothing you all think helps you stay the coolest. thanks.
  2. David C.

David C. LawnSite Member

100% Cotton short sleeve shirts

Denim & Kakyi pants
  3. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

T shirt and blue jeans. Shorts are crazy for trimming.
  4. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I wear cotton t shirts most of the time when I'm mowing, and cotton polos when I'm on the golf course during the day. I may try some of the under armour shirts that are supposed to keep you cooler this summer and see how good they really work
  5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

When it gets really hot....the sleeves come off the tshirt. I gotta wear jeans though...I hate getting my legs all cut up from trimming.
  6. M&SLawnCare

M&SLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

T shirt and shorts. Trimming isn't to bad generally if you angle the debree away from your legs.
  7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I took a vote with my employees on what they wanted to wear during the hot summer months and they chose tank tops and thats what they got. I ordered 5 tanks for each employee there red with white company lettering on the front and back in large letters. In cooler parts of season, early spring or fall they have red polo shirts with company embroidery. All of my customers like the tank tops and can't understand why no one else is wearing them. Most of the crews in are area wear t-shirts w/company name but during the summer they roll up their sleeves or just take them off all together.
  8. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I wear a cotton short sleeve shirt, an Under Armor Coolmax? shirt, and blue jeans and work boots. The UnderArmor shirt doesn't help if there's no breeze, but if there is any air moving at all it's great.
  9. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

or dickies work pants.
  10. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have company logo t-shirts, sleeveless shirts, and sweatshirts. All of them are made from cotton.