1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what's the cost of black and white copies

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grass disaster, Mar 8, 2006.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

color black and white

single side color paper

got a quote of .05each for 3000 of them from officemax

is there anywhere cheaper?
  2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Your Printer...
  3. grass disaster

how much ink will this burn up?

how much muney?
  4. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I buy the refill kit SAMs Club has and it goes a looooooooong way for my $20.00.
  5. OutdoorExtras

OutdoorExtras LawnSite Member

If you are printing more than a few hundred DO NOT USE YOUR PRINTER! ;) Assuming a replacement cartridge costs $30.00 (about average) and makes 500 copies (Far more than most) plus you have to buy the paper at $8.00 that's $38.00. At .05 cents each the cost is only $25.00 plus the quality is much better.
  6. grass disaster

Looks like i'm going to go to office max this weekend doing it myself sounds like too much work.
  7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

What brand printer do you have?

That and most consumer printers are not rated for 5000 pages per month, let alone 5000 in a couple of days.

Plus, let's say your black print speed is around 30 ppm. (which sounds like a high number), that's like, 3 hours of printing non stop.. which you will have to stop to load paper, refill ink, etc.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

hmmmm, did the prices go up? I mean, it's been 4 years since I last used officemax but back in the days it was around 70-80 dollars for 2000 copies so that'd be 120 for 3k, yours is 150 well... I'd say your price is about right if prices went up a little.
  9. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Same price I'm paying right now..

If you do alot of business with Office Max get a Max Perks card.. Saves quite a bit of money and you get some pretty nice coupons in the mail...:weightlifter:
  10. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I had a a run of 1000 done at Office Depot last year, and I seem to remember them only charging me .03 or .035 cents per copy. If you got an Office Depot nearby, check them out.

You can also check out www.vistaprint.com or www.gotprint.com. For around .06 cents you can get a FULL COLOR front & back flier printed professionally. (5000 quantity)