Whats the deal? Residential and Commercial ...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawnmaniac883, Jun 21, 2006.

1. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

So on almost EVERY SINGLE LCO's trailer I see drive by it always says the same thing. Residential and Commercial ... why? Do you actually believe the CEO of a company is going to call you up because he saw your trailer? Maybe this could turn into a niche market type thing where you advertise exclusively to EITHER residential or Commercial properties. The anal homeowner type who thinks your equipment is contaminated because you cut a commercial property or two? So what is the reasoning behind Residential and Commercial? Your thoughts and input...

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I figure it's along the same lines as putting 'licensed and insured...'

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Mine don't say that, never have.

My trucks have only my company name, logo type, truck number and phone number.

My residential crews trailers have the company name, logo type, phone number and "Residential Division"

My commercial crews trailers have the company name, logo type, phone number and "Commercial & Government Division"

My traveling crews trailers are unmarked for security reasons.

4. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see anything wrong with putting it on there. Who cares? Stop whining about things.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

You can't read so much into everything...If you read tooo much into EVERYTHING WILL SOUND STUPID

6. mowerman111

mowerman111 LawnSite Senior Member

Mine says commercial & residential landscape maintenance. And yes I do get alot of commercial work from it. The last commercial job I got was from a property management company, they saw my truck at the bank. We do over five thousand dollars a month business with them all year long. So tell me its not worth it to have that on your signs.