1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the difference? Accelerator or Toro bag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by selnoil, Jun 24, 2004.

1. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

I've been reading old threads about the Accelerator bags. No one seemed to say what the big upgrade was from the Toro bag. Can you guys fill me in?:confused:

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What toro bags are you talking about?????
    John

3. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

John,
    I have not got the machine yet but its a toro proline 44" deck and I need a bagger so I was thinking of Toros soft bag. But after reading about the accelerator I'm wondering which to buy.

How much is the accelerator and does it come in a kit or do I need to still buy Toro's for the kit.

4. John Gamba

from ct

Go on accelerators web site, ask peter about the toro. The accelerator at first is more expensive but alot better and expandable!!!!!!! for leaves and spring clean ups.
    John

5. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

Thanks John,
    Peter was a great help. He E-mailed back quickly and answer each question. I'm going to get an accelerator!

6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a Grass Gobbler!!! I have one for my Bob-Cat and I love it!!!!!!

7. John Gamba

from ct

Peter is cool.
    John

8. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Lot of good stuff on this board about Accelerator, not so much about Gobbler....I've got an accelerator, and I do highly, highly reccomend one! Get the biggest size you can afford.