Whats the dumbest thing you have seen..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Jul 18, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

What is the dumbest thing you have seen other LCO's do while out mowing?
    As I said in another post, we saw a guy using a 60 ZRT where a 36" would barley fit. He was running into trees, telephone poles and finally he ran over a phone junction box smashing it into about 4 pieces. Another was a guy finishing up, while he was putting the ZRT into an enclosed trailer he must have forgot to disengage the blades, there were a few sparks, not to mention the ridiculous noise it made.
    Another good one is we dropped a PITA! lady and she picked up some new company I guess and they used a Troybuilt rider on the front yard which is 10yds deep and 30yrds wide and used a 21" push mower in the back which is 30yrds wide and about 50 to 60yrds deep.:confused:

2. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i really dont know if i can beat that

3. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

i had a customer who had like 5 houses in this 1 neighborhood. He was always busting our ass. finally we were rude to him and he dropped us. The next week he has this company come in, and they burned his whole front lawn. every time we drove by we were laughing.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The most stupid thing is what I see all the time...People discharging toward cars, the road, or even people. Now, I don't mean discharging at them from 10 ft. away,....I mean discharging in that direction in general. If they are 50 ft away, it is too close One thing I hate is driving down the road and someone is mowing in a ditch or close to the road just blasting stuff away. Even if you don't see anything coming out, that doesn't mean that it can't hit something and do some damage. I sort of cringe and flinch everytime I drive by a situation like that.

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

HAHAHAHA I CAN'T BEAT THAT AT THE MOMENT! lol The 60 ZTR running into trees and poles just gave me the best laugh for the week! lol I would pay money to see that!!! HAHAHA:laugh:

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I use a 34Z on a townhouse but I dont smash into anything.

I think the best thing I have seen is a towel head on a ZTR stuck in a ditch and useing a shovel to try and get the mower out. Now why this is so funny to me is because he had a turbon on his head and I have never seen somebody doing this kind of work wearing a turbon. I bet he knocks that thing off his head all the time going under trees. If he was still there when we came back by we were going to hook our Tank up to his lazer and pull him out but apparently he got it out himself.

7. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Had a 22 yr old guy helping me 1 year and he was cutting the median strip The grass was tall and wet. There was a car parked against the curb and it was white. Well i look over at the car and my helper painted the whole side of the car with green wet grass. I see the owner coming out waving his arms. I go over to my helper just in time to hear the guy yelling at him to wash his car. My helper looks at me and i tell him " Don't look at me, wash that mans car" that was his last day helping me.
    This was not my clients car, but the guys across the street. He just happened to park in front of my clients house.

8. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

a common thing I see is the big legit company with the boss on the ztr, while the obviously inexperienced under-the-table employee is weedwhacking going the wrong way and sending clippings and stone into the beds.

9. EvandSeby

EvandSeby LawnSite Member

3 guys in a fruitless mulberry tree with a corded circular saw doing a little trimmin'. Three rocket scientists on the ground giving directions, and the dog is chewin' on the cord. Every time I think about that I have a chuckle.

10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

14-15 year old running a belt drive WB in a lite rain ..... while the "helper" ..... mid 30's dad weed-eating in flip - flops

or maybe the "pro" running a Z with a beer in hand .... while his buddy was p*&'s'n in a gatorade bottle next too the truck ... with the door open fore cover