What's the easiest was to schedule mowings?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BigGreen1, Oct 13, 2008.

1. BigGreen1

BigGreen1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

What is the easiest way to schedule mowings? I have an index card and pen system that works ok but wanted something that would generate work schedules as I went along. I have looked at the LMS system and was wondering if it was more than I needed. What have you guys found that works well.

Thanks for your help,
  2. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I use the calendar feature on my Mac and Iphone. Can setup events to automatically repeat.
  3. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

QXpress! Schedules, bills, keeps track of times and gives reports. Print my papers to leave at customer doors after chem app. ................
  4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Pen and paper...Or i always used word. This was the easiest part. Dont over think it
  5. brandtb1

brandtb1 LawnSite Member

I use the old school pen and paper on a calender. I should use the computer, but half the time I cannot get the printer to work. Sometimes I do not log on the computer either, I might have to put two days worth of work in Quickbooks. I have a daytimer and keep up with it in there.
  6. BigGreen1

from Ohio

Thanks for the responses. "Don't overthink it"that is not likely. I was just looking for a program that would schedule a yard x number of days for me.
    In other words if I arrive and next time I want to go 9 days instead of 7 it would schedule it for me. Any other ideas out there??

Thanks again,
  7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I use lawn pro.....

scheduleing is the one most PITA thing I have to do with this business,

I'm hireing it out next year....

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I just made up cut sheets for each day of the week on Excel . It has an area for checking off cuts and its got the customer's info on it so I can contact them if need be. It's also got an area for notes. ie: Extra charges, potential work, etc.. It works well and all I do is update it weekly if there are any changes like new customers or dropped customers.

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont think there is anything better for the money than Gopher.
    No problem scheduling one crew or multiple crews, rescheduling, canceling etc etc etc.
    And once they are set up billing is two clicks at the end of the month. Automatically takes care of sales tax, etc.
    Why would someone use Word? or Excel? That is way to complicated.
    Simplify and save more time.
  10. BigGreen1

from Ohio

Thanks for all the responses. I will look at the answers and try to find the one that works best.