1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats the easiest way to stretch chain link fencing?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Popper357, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

I see lots of small jobs for adding bigger gates and adjusting gate posts. How do most stretch the chain link? I know my rental yard has tools but I wanted to check online here first.

How about a come along? Is that a useful tool for a landscaper?
  2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

For stretching fences, the come along is a very helpful device, I like that combined with either the back of a truck to hold the end of the come along, or a sturdy fence post. either one works well. the tool you'll want to pull the fence is a bar that has a loop in the center for a hook, plus 3 hooks of sorts on it, one on each end and one in the middle to pull the fence with, this will stretch it to the appropriate distances, and allow you some room to work.
  3. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

Awesome post! Thanks Man
  4. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Popper357.....Using the method Oldsaw-Addict suggested, (good post) you may be able to find a used come along to buy, at a yard sale or pawn shop for less than rental. They're too handy to not have one on your truck.

5. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

For short pulls, or minor repair work, you might want to look at one of these....