Whats the farthest you travel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Aug 7, 2003.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious how far some of you guys travel and how big your service area is? I have been contemplating extending my service area for next year. That would mean driving about an hour or so? These are all big commercial properties, where I can send two crews for a day or so.....
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

From New York to Australia .....................:D
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Since I'm in NJ, I'll tell you that I am based in Hunterdon County (Clinton), but work also in Warren, Somerset, and Morris County. And Northampton County, PA (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton area).

Hope that helps some.
  4. 'Bout 50 miles each direction.
    Haul a big load of mowers, close to 10,000#
    So I charge them mileage too.

5. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Actualy my route is very tight. Though it just expanded due to a new commercial. Average would be within 12 - 15 miles. I'll have to check how far that commercial is
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

This year, my furthest drive is 6.54 miles away.

Previously I had a long 16.30 mile drive that took about a half hour (I was there for 3hrs mowing). That customer found that it was cheaper to mow it himself.

Most of my accounts are within about a 2.5 mile radius.
  7. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

There is a small apartment complex that i mow on the other end of town that takes about 30-40 mn to get too depending on traffic.
  8. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I go about 25 miles east, north or west. There is not much south of me.
  9. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

30 minutes driving time from our shop is our limit. It would take a pretty large (6-8 man hrs) account to get me to go any further.:blob2: :blob1: :blob4: :blob3: :angry: :angel: i just think these things are cool.See Ya
  10. Dr. Mow

Dr. Mow LawnSite Member

right now we mow in about a 50 mile radius. I plan on subing out most of the stops in other counties next year, or just give them up.

you don't make any money riding in the truck.