1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What's the fastest EASIEST way to remove this?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lefet, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

I kind of figured that except there's approximately 40+ of them.

2. Lefet

DEFINATELY!!

Don't have a dingo but will look into renting one. What about damage to the lawn?

Thanks, we've got insurance

Yes, thanks.

Hmmmm never thought about a van!! Maybe we can rent one of those too!! :clapping: :clapping:

3. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

If you went out there with a shovel, a wheelbarrow, and a rake you'd be done by now.

I don't get it. These are relatively small plants with the exception of the arbs which are one of the easiest plants to dig out. You don't need equipment or a truck and a chain. You need to get to work. Use the most efficient gear that you already have, because there is not a lot of time involved in doing this no matter what equipment or method you use.

I swear that if it does not have a power cord or <s>pull cord</s> electric start no one knows what to do anymore.

4. MMADDUX

MMADDUX LawnSite Member

Well if you want to spin donuts it will!!!!!

5. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. You could probably just literally rip half the plants out by hand. You may have to use a shovel on some.

A lot of times you can find the edge of the fabric and just pull it up and it will pull all the stone in a pile for you if its not too rotted.

Easy job, that whole place could be cleaned out with 2 guys in 3-4 hours easy.

6. Lefet

Thanks guys, I kind of figured to just dig them out by hand. Was just seeing if there was an easier, faster way. This client wants a few additional things done so any way I can save time would be great.

7. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

I try to save as much as I can with in reason when I remove plants. Some can be used later or in your own yard. Dig them up throw them in the truck and pot them up at home/shop.
    VO

8. Lefet

Good idea, thanks.

9. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

By the time you go rent a machine, haul it, and get it there, you'd be done. Sometimes you have to weigh those factors in too.

Besides the sharp spade, get a good Maddox Pick (Pick Axe). When I started my biz, that was the first tool I bought. The leverage you get to pop plants and shrubs makes it super easy to do by hand.

10. Lefet

Thanks White Gardens, I've got one in my arsenal too! Try not to leave home without it!