What's The Fastest Way To Rip Up Pachysandras

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by NJSalesPro, Apr 11, 2007.

1. NJSalesPro

NJSalesPro LawnSite Member
    Male, from New Jersey

Hi all, I have a client on Saturday who wants, literally, a field of pachysandras ripped out. What's the fastest way to do this? Is there a machine, or is manual the way to go? Need advice - thanks!

2. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

if its that big, i would use my skidsteer/ bucket to scrape it all up and load into trucks.

3. NJSalesPro

Male, from New Jersey

A Skid Steer? Do you mean a Bobcat? In NJ we call it a Bobcat!

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

OMG,lol Well Bobcat is a manufacture who make a "skidsteer". But I agree with the other guy, a skid steer or Bobcat as you guys in Jersey call them, would be the way to go.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

pachysandra should be chemically killed before you try that unless you plan on mowing it forever to kill any new shoots that will come up. That being said, it is harder than the average plant to kill pachy. as it has a waxy coating that will resist chemicals

6. NJSalesPro

Male, from New Jersey

it's also like Xerox, go make a xerox - it's a generic term meaning any skidsteer in NJ. By the way, Skidsteering is not the proper way to steer the machine even though I know how to do it!

7. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup "Bobcat" down here in Fla also.

8. Viseras lawn service

from 6

hit it with Prosecutor Round up, let it burn up, scrape it off with the BOBCAT, then harley rake the roots out, lay fresh topsoil, seed and hay.

9. Viseras lawn service

from 6

hit it with Prosecutor Round up, let it burn up, scrape it off with the BOBCAT, then harley rake the roots out, lay fresh topsoil, seed and hay.

10. Viseras lawn service

from 6