1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats the going rate for an engineer?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by alexschultz1, Sep 25, 2013.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Really I do not care. Nor does anyone else. This topic regards rates for engineers. Not the "market" for your services.
  2. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

I thought the .......left it open for conversation. Our engineer is around $1200 on average to stay on topic.
  3. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been posting over in the irrigation forum lately. Man you all could learn a little from them. Big pissing competition over here.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Where you're very welcome :)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

The irrigation forum is more technical and is grounded in fact. Hardscape has been around since the stone ages and method and procedure can be debated and mostly is not grounded in fact in a round about way.

Irrigation is grounded on hydraulic science, electrical theory, Watts Law and Ohms Law on the electrical side. But on the other hand the pissing hear pales in comparison to some of the pissing on some audio engineering and circuit design forums I go on.

Their is nothing like 2 guys so smart they can't chew gum and walk at the same time argue about a certain mathematical formula and its impact on the final stage of a high end amplifier
  7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

My engineer (who also owns a wall business) is $500.00 ( drawn in the office with your site plan and measurements).
    He will come out to the site and measure grades for you if your unsure and answer any questions or give suggestions for 200-300 extra.

If unsure about the stability of the soil, testing would be extra