1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's the going rate for spraying??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ezlc2004, Oct 18, 2004.

1. ezlc2004

ezlc2004 LawnSite Member

I'm doing a lot of spraying for weeds and I'm doing it in town and in acres for customers with 1-5 acres. I'm using a 300' hose and a pull behind sprayer for bigger yards. I'm curious about pricing for just spraying, not for fertilizing programs. Can someone whoes been doing this for a while help me out?

2. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

we sell a program. priced based on sq ft. priced for fert & weed control. if someone just wants a weed control (we normally dont get involved unless they agree to a program) but we have done just weed control -priced at our regular program pricing for that particular sq ft. (in other words we charge for fert even though it is not being appplied) Folks who just want a weed control typically are not the clients we want, besides the best weed control is a thick turf...best way to get a thick turf is to fertilize it.
  3. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

$1.50 per K for cost of chemical. Plus $32.00 per hour for our time. 1 hour minimum. That is our normal rate. If you are just doing herbicide applications it needs to be higher. Most herbicides are 2 to 3 times the cost of fert.
  4. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

We charge $175.00 per acre for spraying. I can spray a typical acre in about 45 min or so. That rate can be +or- depinding on the situation. We also ofer contracter discounts to fellow landscapers.
  5. Rwise10230

Rwise10230 LawnSite Member

.0049 cents per Sq. Ft. here