1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the going rate?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by stevenf, Jul 23, 2010.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

The "Off Season" is just around the corner and Ive been seriously considering power washing to pay a few bills. I havent done it before so I was looking for your rates? Do you have a square footage charge for concrete? Wooden fences?
    What range would a 1,200 sq ft single story house be? Any input is helpful!

2. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

How much do you need to make to keep your doors open? What equipment will you be using? Do you know what soft washing is?

Depending on many different factors, your 1200sf rancher could sell for $49 to over $500

Call me

3. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

No such thing as a "going rate." 9 out of 10 businesses fail, so it is highly likely that anyone telling you the "going rate", is telling you the "going out of business" rate. Pricing your work should be based on sound business fundamentals and not what joe blow down the street is charging.

4. certified roof wash

certified roof wash LawnSite Member

I did an estimate, gutter cleaning, a lil ago and was much higher than the last guy that cleaned the gutters. The other guys phone is now disconected. I got the job. Doing that friday and do an estimate to wash her deck in the back yard. I explained to her that I'll be here next year to clean her gutters, wash her house, whatever she needs!