Whats the good part of this business?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Mar 17, 2000.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

What are your thoughts on the good side of our business? What really makes you feel good about doing what we are doing? Lets add them up.

2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Satisfaction at leaving a job at the end of the day with everything looking nice and <br>thinking &quot;that looks excellent,who tha man!&quot;

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Meeting new people, having free time in the winter, being outside, the equipment(I have never seen a ugly tractor). You really have many bosses and if you are large enough you have a schedule to keep so there is really no freedom there. But you don't have to look at or listen to the same boss everyday if u r solo.

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I especially like the free time, or more specifically, the ability to arrange your free time as you see fit. Need a doctors appt? Whenever. Something special going on during the day? Go ahead, work a little later that evening.<p>The multiple bosses thing is nice too. Go ahead fire me, I still have 50 other jobs behind ya. Working in a shop? No such luxury.<p>Bill

5. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i like being in differant places, i dont think i could ever sit in an ofice all day, i also like the fact that i am working for my future and not someone elses<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

CJC hit the nail on the head. I worked two office jobs for 3 years prior to starting my business. I knew that I wanted to be outside and I always wanted to start my own business. I have a college degree in business administration but no experience in lawn care. Two years later my business is growing on a daily basis. Last year was good this year should be great!

7. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Charles, you obviously haven't seen my<br>tractor. :)