Whats the in thing in your area?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PerfiCut L&L, Apr 8, 2008.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

We are finding more and more people lateley are into paver driveways.

Sure we see patios and walls still but I am getting more and more requests for paver driveways. Mainly from customers whos previous concrete driveways have been attacked by nearby tree roots. In any event, I hope they keep coming in regardless the reason.

Whats going on in your area?
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Retaining walls, patios, fire pits, water falls and fountains seem to be popular but not to many paver driveways at least not yet. To many around here are pinching pennies and holding off on outdoor projects for now. What are you getting for the average driveway? I would think somewhere in the $20,000 range or more considering the amount of base prep that needs to be done.
  3. amscapes03

amscapes03 LawnSite Senior Member

Fire Pits, outdoor fireplaces and cooking areas, water features, fish ponds.
  4. ppl

ppl LawnSite Member

Drain paver driveways SF rima, paver driveways, patios, column rock water features and outdoor rooms.
  5. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

Fire pits

Based on homeowner reaction I think some of the imitiation natural stone and cobblestone stuff from Belgard and Unilock is going to be something I will be installing a lot of the next few years.

I thought EP Henry Devon Stone and Bradstone were gonna be a hit because that stuff is huge back home, but its a dud in this market, mostly because they cant get their pricing in order.
  6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

We did a 6100 sq. ft. driveway last fall, couldn't believe it. Thats crazy here but probably not for some of you. Another contractor did a large drive and heard other contractors were bidding them as well. People are very interested, don't know what is driving the interest?
  7. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

We've been getting anywhere from $19 to $25 a sqaure foot for driveways in the 800 - 1000 sf range. We're finishing a 800sf driveway with a 250sf patio and 500 sf of walkway.
  8. ppl

ppl LawnSite Member

Anyone heard of System Pavers?
  9. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Post some pics Perf .
  10. Bo614

Bo614 LawnSite Member

I live in ohio now but use to live in Nevada up until last summer. Ohio i dont see many if any really. But in nevada thats really all i seen the house i had there was built with one as well as the walk way and the back patio. The whole neighbor hood was that way. and its really common out there. Im not sure why maybhe has to do with teh soil? dont know but it looks good i have actually thought about tearing up my drive here and doing it to my new house.:usflag: