What's the largest number of accounts you've landed in a year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by justmjc, Oct 28, 2003.

1. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

Let's hear the numbers ladies and gentlemen. All means of advertising included.
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Kind of a vague question. Would you rather have one $400 account or ten $25 accounts? Maybe re-word your question to ask dollar amounts instead of lawns.
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Very vague. :cool:
  4. justmjc

Ok, what was the largest number of lawn accounts you've landed in a given season. This means from all the calls and referrals, what was the number of accounts you added to your existing customer base? Be it very large accounts or very small accounts.

I send out 5k flyers, get 100 calls, and land 40 accounts for that season. Along those lines.

Do you add 5 accounts per season or do you add 500 accounts per season? Money aside, what's your largest number?
  5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Probably between 10-20 accounts per season. We don't advertise besides our trucks and website. Just believe in the old "word of mouth" system. :cool:
  6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

This year all word of mouth except one, she called from the truck sign.
    15 - residential accounts
    1 - 45 townhome complex plus this builder owns 64 acres they are going to develop and all will be given to me. WOW!

Does that qualify? :)
  7. justmjc

absolutly, good for you guys on the word of mouth business. Keep em coming.
  8. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

15 this season.
    6 with flyers and
    9 from word of mouth
  9. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

over 200 calls, 35% landed
    most of them landscaping, but for me doing a 10K job is like adding a small lawn for 6 years. (profit wise) and only have to be there couple of days
  10. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

All 23 I service this year (my first year) were by word of mouth. Friends, family and neighbors. I tried the flyer route but, didnt get much of a response.