1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats the most employees that anyones ever employed?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Bulls_mowing, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Bulls_mowing

Bulls_mowing LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone one has ever employed a large amount of employees and if so how did you ever manage all of them people
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The only thing I can think of is you need to run the company by yourself for at least the first three years, so that you at least have the answers to all the most basic questions (of which there are more than a few).
  3. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

1988 we had 27 working grounds maintenance on military contracts(4500 acres mowed a month) and 35 on a new 18 hole golf resort. Good crew supervisors with trained dedicated employees made it all seem easy. Pulled back to only the military contracts after construction of golf resort completed and grand opening. Reduced further as I got older and more focused on equipment dealership.
  4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

On the lawn care side I was at 8
    Hey that is one headache a day and an extra just in case:laugh:
  6. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

That is the most illuminating answer yet! In '96 I finally decided no more headaches in the grounds maintenance side and slowly shed myself of all maintenance jobs. Still had 7 in the retail/wholesale side. Recently started back in landscape installations. 4 days a week with me. Now down to 3 in the retail which makes it very comfortable. Now I even have a few days headache free!
  7. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

one too many