Whats the most granular fertilizer you've applied in one day?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Cadzilla, Apr 30, 2014.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Mine is 2/3 lb of N with the medium rate on Barricade.

I agree I have not sprayed anything yet either. Weeds are just too small to try and spray yet, would be futile and waste of time to do. Will finish Rd 1 without spraying hardly anything. That is always a goal of mine. Last year was a nighmare, had to blanket all lawns right out of the chute while throwing pre. Hated that.

2. Yatt

Yatt LawnSite Member

I am a small timer. It will take me two days to go through the 3300#'s I just ordered. Most is spread with a 3 point spreader on a SCUT. Small areas with a Spyker SS.

I specialize in large lawns over an acre so it goes fast.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

On many occasions, my helper and I put out 6000# in one day. I used a cyclone spreader that I pulled behind one of my ZTR's. I believe the spreader would hold 5 or 6 bags at a time. I would spread a load, zip back to the trailer, and my helper would have 5 bags open and ready to dump into the spreader. Kind of like a pit stop in NASCAR racing.

4. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I threw a ton today of 32-0-8 on big country lawns. Three right next to each other all anywhere between 3 and 5.5 acres of manicured turf. Why anyone needs a lawn that size is beyond me but I'm glad they have their reasons!

I started off the day with a couple 2 acre deals.

Went through a ton of three way too....blanket apps today.

5. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I put out 600 pounds on one property with a push spreader and that was enough for me!

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

That is a bunch to push spread in one stop.
    Maybe should have unloaded the ride on for that one??

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Good point. Is there a kit or a clever work-around to convert a walk-behind spreader to a tow-behind?
    Can you push a spreader in front of your mower?
    Put an electric motor on the impeller?
    Everybody has a couple of really big lawns--right?