Whats the most hours you have seen?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deereman, Apr 16, 2005.

1. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Just curious whats the most hours that you have seen, or even maybe running? I tried to do a search but came up with nothing.

2. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I am talking hours on your mowers , I should have had it worded a little better

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen some mowers with 6000-7000 hours on them. They look it too, but still work. Probably high hours on average I've seen is around 3000.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Our Gravely PRO 50 WB had 3,500 hours on it when we sold it to a friend. It was all original except for the belts and one tranny. The 18hp Kohler magnum just refused to give up the ghost. To my knowledge it still runs today but it is in need of a new motor.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I remember some where I saw a cat motor grader that was used in Canada that had over 24,000 hours on it. The owner said about 20,000 hours were while it was idling because at -30 below a diesel just won't start. So they just let them run all the time when they are using them on project.

For mowers best I ever saw was a old reel mower at a golf course with 9000 on its kubota diesel. I have seen a few ztrs with 5000 to 6000 hours on them. But like what 65hoss said average is 3000 hours.