Whats the most life you guys have ever got out of a 2 cycle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ince8728, Feb 20, 2005.

1. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

I have a Toro 2cycle show thrower that has been through 4 blizzards and is 10 years old and has not shown any signs of stopping. I know someone who has 3 redmax bp's that are about 10-12 years old and have gone through hard commercial abuse every day he has had them. How about you guys?

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an old Echo trimmer thats really been through a lot, and its still running ok.

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i have an 18 year old shindawa t-25 that still runs. heavy as heck, and never gets used.. no muffler guard, etc..

4. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We have an old Redmax trimmer we bought in 1995 that still is used time to time and still runs good. I wish they put hour gauges on handheld devices, I'd love to know what some of this stuff really has on them.

5. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

Same, if you are really determined you could prob put one on. Prob hoow it up to the spark pluck wire and the kill switch, idk.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

My oldest T270 is nine, and literally has been to hell and back. The only thing that's been done to it was a shaft replacement last summer. I also had some 21" commercial Snappers with the Wisconsin Robin engines that you could not kill...great mowers. The guy I sold them to 5 years ago still uses them daily.

7. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

If I get 1500 hours of use on a small 2 cycle engine, im felling good. If it makes it to 2000 hrs its the work of GOD. :laugh: