1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats the most overpriced equip. or supplies in our biz?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Oct 17, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I think 3 peices of flat steel ( a mulch kit) for $300 about takes the cake for me. I bought the steel locally for $8 and 1 hour later I was mulching. Some things like trimmers for $300 bucks are a great deal and others insane.
  2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

A ZTR $10,000.00 You can buy a new car for less than that
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

How about the $45 "hitches" for the ZTRs? Better yet, how about a bottle of fungicide or specialized herbicide that costs between $90 and $130 for a 2 oz. bottle?
  4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

How good is the cut from that car?
  5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

The only car that will make you money is a checker cab.

Y'all rememebr how expensive roundup used to be before their patent expired...
  6. premierlawncare

premierlawncare LawnSite Member

LABOR is the most expesive thing. And edger blades are pretty high cost too.
  7. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

8. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

I can think of an area that oodles of money is spent and most products are made to be sold and not used. With the exception of a couple new poisons and old reliable traps a lot of money is blown off trying to get rid of moles.

Agree or disagree ?

9. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

blades, steel costs me $.52 per lb...
  10. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

And these are good reasons some of your bigger LCO's are removing lawn maintenance all together. Not enough money is being made. Yes sure you can buy a ZTR for $10,000 but you have to also include schedule maintenance, and someone to operate it, were talking lots of money for a $60.00 lawn job.