What's the most tactful way to approach an ******* lco?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by michigangrass, May 23, 2003.

1. michigangrass

michigangrass LawnSite Member

I just finished a mulch job and another lco drove up...jumped out on his DixieChopper and blew clippings all over new black mulch.

I was ready to ******* kill this guy but didn't want my customers or neighbors to think I'm some kind of screwball phycopath.

Just some of these guys seem completely brain dead. You confront them without aggression and its like yelling into a deep, dark hole. Makes you feel a little better but you've accomplished absolutely nothing.

Just venting.

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Just go up and ask/tell him to be careful how he lets his clippings fly. And then tell him if it happens again you will notify the customers of where he is working, and yours.

Take pictures when he is doing this. Might make for a interesting conversation as to why you need photos....hahaha

3. michigangrass

Thats whats so frustrating...I talked to this guy and all I got was "oh, sorry man". All I could think of from that point on was, just one quick shot to the face!

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Yup, I would just ask him politely to be careful next time because his clippings are getting onto their landscaping areas and if he gives you any lip just tell him that perhaps you should notify his customer, or in fact tell him that you are going to notify your customer to talk to their neighbor (his customer).

5. LCO came to cut the lawn that was mulched...........

I left an invoice and so far it hasn't happened again, and I will get paid for cleaning the clippings out of the mulch if it happens again.

6. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

This is typical behaviour of a DC owner.

7. Don't you mean a scrub freak like yourself?:p

Ah man put Eric Elm down like that what a "great" guy.

BTW you spelled behavior incorrectly, you better learn to use that spell checker...Manso!!!!!

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Don't those Dixies come with an OCDC?

mayby the guy should learn how to use it.

9. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Don't sweat the small stuff. Tell him to look into an OCDC for his DC or did it have one?

10. michigangrass

LAWNGODFATHER,

I just finished mulching one of my customers...the other lco was cutting the yard next door blowing it over into my beds.

You could see when talking to the guy that he had absolutely no interest in what I was saying.