Whats the most $$$$$$$$ you have made in a day MOWING???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Leprechaun, Apr 10, 2004.

1. The Lawn Leprechaun

The Lawn Leprechaun LawnSite Member

Just seeing how I stack up against the competition. My best day ever was a little over $8,000. Thats mowing roughly 55-60 acres of apartment complex's and commercial property in 1 day. Thats with 8 guys working 8 am til 9 pm. How much have you made in 1 day?

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratulations ??? I don't understand how with the mowers you have listed, but if you say you could than I won't argue. We have done $2100 in a day with 4 guys, 2 60" DC's and a 72" DC and that was hustling.

3. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i made $97,599 today.

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

??????????
    oh, i just saw all of your equipment though. :D

5. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Man thats just wrong!

6. The Lawn Leprechaun

Believe me we were hustling!!!! One account alone is $2,000 per time!! We mowed 11 accounts that day. Is there something wrong with my equipment lbilawncare? We always have 6 guys running mowers for a total of at least 24 ft. of mowers going at once. Thats alot of ground being covered. I wish I could make $8,000 a day every week but it doesnt happen that much, maybe twice a month.

7. Cleatus

Cleatus LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

rotflmao!

too much:D

no kidding, my brother ( a truck driver) was dropping a load of mulch off at a warehouse outside of baltimore, he said the mowing company had about 100 big commercial walk behinds in it.

8. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Mr. Leprechaun -No, there is nothing wrong with your equipment nor did I intend to imply that there was . I would use a bigger deck than a 54 if I had 50-60 acres in a day, but if it works for you than great. And no I am not picking an arguement, just calling it how I see it.

9. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

what?

it was a slow day. 20 guys just up and walked out.

10. The Lawn Leprechaun

lbilawncare, I understand!! I have used bigger decks in the past but alot of my accounts have hills and are very uneven terrain. I've found that the 54 inch deck works much better for the kind off accounts I have. I do have 2 Wright Stander's thats are 60 inch decks that I use a ton on the wide open and semi-smooth terrain. Anyways the ZTR'S I have can cut the grass goin 9 mph. We run wide open on some of the accounts where we can!!!!!!
    9 mph= good money and more mowing!!!!!!!